Polyurea Elastomeric Protective Coating System
Polyurea is a spray-on coating with a high abrasion resistance, high chemical resistance, excellent durability, and excellent flexibility.
Vendors and Manufacturers have developed formulations to cover a very wide variety of requirements from extreme surface hardness to extreme elongation. Our job as coating system contractors is to determine all the specifics of your project and select the right Polyurea and Top Coats when needed.
Properties of Polyurea
Polyurea Elastomeric Coatings have very unique properties.
- Completely waterproof
- Flexible, impervious coating—bridges cracks
- Fast cure time. Can support foot traffic in minutes
- Very durable and abrasion-resistant. Wears very well
- Resistant to many solvents, acids, and corrosive compounds
- Many formulations available for virtually any application or need
- Very wide range of thicknesses are attainable with one application
- No VOC's (volatile organic compounds) released during application
- Creates a seamless surface
- Tank Linings
- Primary Containment
- Secondary Containment
- Concrete Protection
- Floor Covering
- Roof Coatings
- Corrosion Control